Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Letter to a Heart Breaker

Dear You,

There are days when everything seems to remind me of you. When every song is about a lost love, and the breeze seems to whisper your name. You know who you are. You know how you have hurt me. You have haunted my dreams and shadowed my waking life. I am not a hater but I hate that I couldn't hate you. I hate that I loved you this much, and I hate that there are times when I miss you. I hate that behind my soft smile was everything you never saw or understood. It really was my fault, I made you my everything and so when you were gone, I was left with nothing. I feel I wasted good love on you. For a long time, there was a girl crying in my mirror and there was nothing I could say to make her feel alright.

But I have moved on now. A part of me might always miss you, but all of me deserves someone better. There are days when I miss you, but we both know that in reality, you missed out on a lot, that you missed out on me. I could hear every smile in your eyes, and I could feel everything you didn't say. You chose to not fit me into your plans and now I have chosen to tune you out of my mind. No one can see the scar you gave me, but I don't mind it anymore.  Its slowly fading away and the melancholy blues are getting softer.  And just when this caterpillar thought the world was over, here I am, a glowing butterfly. It is bittersweet, this love, but my spirit is alive, my heart speaks loud and I do everything my heart tells me to. So move on and when you have faced your fears and when all your promises are gone, when your heart starts to scream for me, you will see that I was the only one for you.

Namaste.



6 comments:

  1. Can you read and understand Hindi poem?
    Dinesh Sharma, India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Unless its more urdu like. I have lost my fluency but still can read, write and understand hindi. if i dont, theres always google translate or all my indian friends :)

      Delete
  2. यह कविता मैंने मेरे मित्र के लिए कुछ दिनों पहले लिखी थी,

    ओ मित्र,
    हम मिलेंगे
    प्रलय के पश्चात
    नयी सॄष्टि के निर्माण बिंदु पर
    जब प्रलय के साथ ही
    बह चुके होंगे
    अतीत के सारे बोझ,
    जब टूट चुकी होगी
    अपेक्षाओं की बेडियाँ
    और हमारे स्वर भी
    मुक्त हो चुके होंगें.
    तब मैं तुम्हारी प्रशंसा में गाऊँगा
    नए गीत बिना शब्द के
    और उन्मुक्त होकर तुम्हें पुकारूंगा
    भीतर के सम्पूर्ण आवेश से
    मेरे साथ-साथ पुकारेंगे तुम्हें
    ये रास्ते, पहाड और वादियाँ
    मेरे साथ साथ गाएंगे
    ये झरने, झील और नदियाँ
    उस नये दिन के पहले प्रभात में
    जब ना तो कहीं जाना होगा
    ना ही वापस लौटना
    मैं तुम्हारे हाथ छुकर बनाऊंगा
    शुद्ध प्रेम और गरिमा से प्रकाशित
    एक नया घरौंदा
    जो जरूरतों पर नहीं
    टिका होगा
    उम्मीदों के नींव पर
    मैं लूंगा सभी रंग प्रकॄति से
    और सुबह के प्रखर प्रकाश में
    जब कोइ शोर शामिल नहीं होगा
    धरा की गंध में
    उतारूंगा चित्र तुम्हारे
    निसर्ग के सुरम्य आलिंगन में
    तब,
    तुम वही होगी,
    बिल्कुल वही
    जो थी,
    सॄष्टि के प्रथम प्रभात में
    और मैं भी
    बिल्कुल वैसा ही
    निश्छल, निर्दोष और निष्पाप

    दिनेश शर्मा, नागपुर

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dinesh, sorry im having trouble with the internet at home and could not publish your poem sooner. I also emailed a friend asking for a translation for our non hindi speaking readers. If you have one available i will be happy to put it up here. Your poem echoes a lot of my own feelings when i wrote this. Its almost eerie how similar it is. Just goes to show all our stories are the same :) thank you very much for sharing.
    Namaste,
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know time is a great healer!
    It's us or the time, that changes, i wonder! Anyways a beautiful piece of writing. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only through the cracks that the light gets in. So far, i feel grateful for everything including the pain, because it let love seep in. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete